The presence of mold in our homes and work places can have serious negative effects on the health of humans. People of any age and state of health can react with allergic reactions to the presence of molds. However, those who already suffer from respiratory ailments have an even greater sensitivity to molds that can cause an increase in the severity of reactions.
The most common reactions to mold exposure include respiratory problems such as sneezing, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, nose and throat irritation, burning or watery eyes, runny nose, skin rash, headache, or fatigue. Exposure to mold may cause what seems like a constant cold or allergy symptoms. Prolonged exposure to mold can weaken the immune system, thus leaving the body vulnerable to infections.
If the smell of mold exists or those living in the home experience mold related symptoms, track down and remove the source of moisture and the mold itself as soon as possible. Serious mold contamination may require professional removal.
Digg deaper into this with the following articles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mold_health_issues